Experience history, discover the story
YOUR EXPERIENCE DAY
To get involved in this unique activity is easy. Whether you are interested in the heritage , tradition, the thrill of the catch or just being part of something unique. We cater for groups of family and friends , slow food groups , parties of chefs and also we provide Corporate days or Leadership days
We suggest that the minimum age is 12 years old, under 18 to be and accompanied by an adult.
On arrival at the fishing shiel you will be given a short safety talk. We will then proceed to the fishing area , where gradually you will be asked to take up various positions within the fishing operation. The goal is to allow you to have tried and then completed, under supervision the entire activity of catching River Tweed Wild salmon and sea trout. Obviously this depends on conditions and a little luck!
The opportunity to retain and take home a fish could be yours depending on that days catch success.
We can arrange for your wild salmon to be prepared at a local restaurant.
WHAT TO BRING
Waders and a waterproof jacket are provided, but you are welcome to bring your own. Please specify your shoe size when booking, bearing in mind that it is better to wear waders one size larger than normal shoe sizes. So bring an extra pair of thick socks, sunglasses, and a cap or hat.
Life jackets are supplied and are compulsory when in a boat.
You’ll be asked to watch a short presentation and take part in the safety talk prior to commencing with the activity. Please note there are no toilet facilities on the river bank so remember to be prepared before arriving.
- If you are by yourself , you may have to join in with another party.
- Two people can make the experience truly their own by freezing out the session.
- A group of 2-4 is ideal as you will be kept busy and have a hands on day.
- Parties between 4-6 by prior arrangement.
- Corporate days are also available , with best fisher-person prize.
- We are also able to arrange for you to have your salmon prepared for that evening at a local restaurant if you wish, prior notice is required.
- Packages for Fishing , restaurant supper and hotel stay are also highly recommended.
Please specify which of the above you are of interest within the booking enquiry.
NEXT EXPERIENCE DAYS
We also offer gift vouchers when booking your experience day. These are redeemable at a later date or you can choose the date for your trip.
DATED GIFT VOUCHER
If you already know the date you would like to book, this is the voucher for you!
STEP ONE: Select date of your experience from calendar
STEP TWO: Select options
STEP THREE: Select ‘This is a Gift Voucher’ at checkout